Sunday, June 26, 2011

"When I'm 4 I'll have a 4 birthday candle and a bigger bed!"





I'm so far behind in posting. If you ask me, these days nearly everything that comes out of Elliot's mouth is "blog worthy." I will attempt to list a few highlights from memory:

E (to me) : " you are my best wife. When I get married I will have two wives, but you are my best one."
---

Me: "Elliot, you are so handsome."
E: " You are so handsome too, Mommy."
Me: "What does it mean to be handsome?"
E: "It means you love someone."
----

E asks me regularly, "Mommy, how did/does that make you feel?"
---

Me (in my bathroom getting ready for work) "Elliot, come here and keep me company."
E: "I'm in here next to daddy.....................................
thanks, though."
-----

(I ran my fingers over his tummy which made it draw back due to the tickle involved)
E: "Look Mama, my tummy is laughing!"

*Tonight as I am putting him to bed we were singing and acting silly as usual. I tickled him and he tickled me back--it was such a good tickle that I roared with laughter, to which he screamed laughing and said, "I told you I would shake you down!"
-------

E is regularly supportive to James and I in the same way we are to him. He often tells us:

"You can do it!"
"I knew you could do it!"
"I'm proud of you."
"You're doing a good job."
"You look really great."

I love the encouragement because well, heck, we all love encouragement--but mostly because these phrases are sticking. He is saying what he is hearing and that is what I want him to hear all the time...that he is doing the best job of being a beautiful human being, that his parents are proud, and that he can do anything he sets his heart to.

No comments:

Post a Comment