Monday, June 27, 2011

bedtime


When I put E down most nights we continue to call to each other even after I have left his room.

We call out, "I love you! sweet dreams! Happy day! You're the best in the whole world!"

And then when I am all out of things to say, Elliot calls to me, "Have a great weekend!" (** it's Monday ;)

Tonight Elliot wanted me to be be one to hide under the blanket while he pretended not to know where I was...as you can imagine, the roles are reversed here as to what normally occurs.

He put the blanket over me and then he put a pretend puzzled look on his face saying, "I don't know where Mommy is, she was just here...I guess I need to go have some coffee."
Then he hopped down from his bed, picked up one of my brown flip flops and pretended to drink from it.
As he got back on bed he said, "Oh there you are! I just had to go have some coffee and now I found you!"

So tonight as I left his room (after making a sandwich because he actually did get ravenously hungry again) he called out:

"Thank you for having us have fun!"

What a joy these little beings are.

No comments:

Post a Comment