Monday, June 30, 2008

Sleep, sitting, and storms


I promise to stop writing about sleep related things soon! It's just that there is a lot going on in that area.
Last night Elliot woke up more times than ANY other night since his birth! I am still wondering why. I am bleary eyed and he isn't well rested either. When babies learn new things they're sleep is interrupted. He did recently learn to sit if we prop his arms beside him. It is SO cute! I have pictures but our camera is BROKEN! I am on a mission to get it fixed.
Anyhow, Elliot sits (supported by his arms to his sides and slightly forward on the floor). If he wobbles, he is getting very good at correcting and not falling over. When he does fall (on the soft pad we play on) he spreads his arms and legs out wide and stops moving, eyes wide. He looks like he's about to make a snow angel. He laughs too--it is pretty funny. But I don't think this new trick is the reason for the lack of sleep.
We were up every 1-2 hours. There was a huge storm with lots of thunder. I thought of all the other mothers in town thinking about their child's sleep as the thunder shook the houses. I was up for the entire storm even though shockingly Elliot slept through it. I think he woke the minute it stopped raining!
I don't see any teeth yet, but he seems even more interested in his mouth (is that possible?) Maybe his gums are a bit more red--though that might just be due to his putting his fingers all over them.
I don't know my name anymore I'm so tired. Only young Elliot is cute enough to make me smile when I have sleep induced vertigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment