Saturday, October 26, 2013

My darling boy

**This post was written in August** just finally posting it.  I wanted to put photos with it, so I have waited to publish, but so far having major phone issues and can't get pics off my phone to this particular computer yet...ugh...working on it***


I am compelled to get these thing down on "paper" today.  One, because I need to keep up with all the amazing things Elliot does and says, and two because I am overwhelmed with grief at finding out that a friend of mine lost her son in a car accident this weekend.  I need to take this time to center only around my greatest joy.

Go hug your kids everyone.  Right now.

E is a lover and a firecracker.  He has grace and grit.  He is an old soul and "gets it" in ways I think often even some adults don't.

this summer he went to summer school, art camp, nature camp, and gym camp.  He thrived in all of them and learned so much.   I am grateful that he can have these experiences and adapt so well to new situations.

E: "'Mama, I feel nervous about going to gym camp."
Me:  "Do you know what that means?  It means you are totally normal.  Even adults get nervous for new situations, so this is a good sign.  It means you are about to do something brave and have an exciting new experience.

E:  Yeah, and nervous only last about three days, so after that, only excited will be left!
----------

While playing outside on his swing set:


E:  "mama, I wish they had gym camp for adults, because you would really enjoy it!"

-----------


Lately, Elliot has become ready for reading and writing in obvious ways.  I have been working with him on this with ten words a day that he sounds out, rewrites, and uses in an sentence.  It is thrilling to watch such progress in such short time.

He was finishing up with one lesson and told me he would bring it to me when he was done.

 I was outside sitting on the swing set, throwing the ball for the dogs, when he ran out, paper in hand and gave it to me.  It was all correct.

Me:  Elliot!  I am so proud of you!  You are amazing at learning and focusing, and writing and reading!!,   Aren't you sooo proud of yourself too? Don't you feel like you have a new power?

E: you know, I do feel proud and like I have a new power!

..................time passes as we are swinging..............

E looks over at me and says,

"Any more compliments about my reading?"

-------------



While putting E to bed:

Me:  Elliot, I think you are so special and I just know you are going to do great things in your life.

E:  You're going to do great things too, Mama.

_____________

Elliot loves learning about anatomy.

E:  Mama, where is my collect straw?

Me:  I don't know what straw you are are talking about.

E:  You know Mama, the one in your body...your COLLECTSTRAW?!

Me:  Cholesterol?

E:  Yes!  Where is it?

___________


**This is now Oct. 26th.  Here are Elliot's latest jokes all thought up on his own**

Q:  "What did the kids call their mom when she was being mean?"

A: "MOMSTER!"

----


Q:  "What kind of dinosaur eats steak?"

A:   A STEAKASAURUS!

--and the puns and plays on words live on...  (insert Mama's big smile).




No comments:

Post a Comment