Sunday, August 29, 2010

observe and sing


For the last week Elliot has been such an angel, such a charmer, I nearly forget he has
the ability to access the "terrible twos."
Now that I've said that I'll probably become acquainted with them really soon!

E is so observant, much like my mom has described me as being. Mom always remarks at how I always comment on things that other people might not notice--knick-knacks in a room, a unique ceiling, etc.
There are too many things to list. But one that occurred today for E was that he looked to a very high arch in our ceiling and said.
"I can't reach it."
I said, "what can't you reach?"
He said, "the pink dot."

I thought I was the only one! That "pink dot" is actually a tack left over from when I hung baby shower decor for my best friend's shin-dig here. I could barely push it in with the tip of my finger and now, even on a ladder, I am too short to take it out!

That tack has been bothering me for months and I keep forgetting to ask my hubby to get it.

Thank goodness for E's skills of observation or it might be there until he graduates high school! :)

Tonight as we were rocking, E was singing another of his made up songs. These lyrics are not copy written yet, so please don't steal:

And then
and then
and thennnnnnnnn
and then theyyyyy...
ate.

P.S. the pic is of E engulfed in the parachute ball that his Great Aunt Patty brought to the family reunion this past Aug. E, no fear, continuously ran--time after time careening into the ball and falling to his tummy in sheer giant ball bliss. He is made of Rubber and Boy.

1 comment: