Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm partial to this kid

As Elliot slides across the kitchen floor on his tummy tonight, he tells me, "I'm pretending!"
Imagination has really taken a huge leap into his life and he "pretends" all the time now.

One morning he rattled off a list of what he was:

Mama! I'm a fish! I'm a bird, I'm a zebra, I'm a deer, I'm a froggie, I'm a doggie, I'm a bear, I'm a GIANT turtle! The list goes on and on and is quite extensive.

Then, as he winds down, he pauses, looks at me and says,
Mama, I'm a man.
I'm a person.

I laughed so hard and told him he could be anything he ever wanted!

He is amazing me with how much love, affection, coordination, smarts, and MEMORY that he shows. Today he walked over to me and leaned down to kiss my big toe! He kisses my eyes, ears, cheeks, and now my head too. He has a whole sequence of kissing. What a sweetheart.

Today we were on the way to the pediatrician and E looked out the window and saw Best Buy.
He exclaimed,
Robin Hood's House!

About 2 months ago, James took him here and purchased the cartoon Robin Hood DVD. The kid's mind is a steel trap!



No comments:

Post a Comment