Thursday, October 16, 2008

Almost 8 months


Elliot is growing up. He's getting daddy's curls! He is so smart--really, really smart. A little man. I can't get much past him. He is the love of my life. He is not an "easy" baby in many ways. Sleep remains an issue--naps mostly. He is up most of a 12 hour day, and still nurses at night. I know that as much as nursing is taxing--and a struggle for us sometimes--I will miss having him so close. My little doll baby looking like a little boy.
He speed crawls. He pulls up to his knees and puts one foot down to come to standing. He is far from that I think--but he's getting the idea. His curiosity renews me and my love for the smaller things in life.
The dogs remain a favorite. The toothbrush, running water, and mangoes are also big hits. He is my walking buddy. Today babbling throughout our entire walk--making a new noise that sounds like squishing bubbles inside his tiny mouth.
He does a "bashful" move where he'll quickly turn his face into my chest--smiling, playing coy. I adore this.
One day when he is older--when he has a child of his own--he will know how much I love him. And as difficult as motherhood can be sometimes--I miss him when he sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment