Thursday, September 15, 2011

This little soul...


Today James and I were outside working in the yard and due to a misunderstanding, I removed a plant (that I thought was dead and James wanted me to remove). Long story short, James did not want it removed and was upset that it had been.

There might not be a better time to see what a lovely soul your child is than when he is stepping in and providing insight and understanding when you are lacking that.

This little old soul talked to us about "frustration," "feeling better," and getting "out of your frustration and making things right."

He asked us how we felt and if there was anything we needed to feel better. He was a beacon and a little healer of sorts.

I might not be the best mom on earth, but seeing him step into that role was him speaking to James and I the way that we speak to him when it is his frustration we are dealing with. He turned it all around, took the driver's seat, and lead us to resolution...like a champ.

Yay to our parenting (at least for today).
Yay to our son for being so open, responsive, smart...for being a leader of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment