Sunday, December 21, 2008

Almost Elliot's First Christmas!



Ahhhhhh...a 10 month old! What a joyful little person. He is the best gift I have ever received or given (to the family).
The videos below are from the last few weeks. They don't capture what he is doing as well as I would like--but they give you an idea. I am always too late with the camera. It's always turned on AFTER the steps are taken, AFTER the skill is no longer fun for Elliot to do anymore.
The one that I took of us laughing together is my favorite. I was holding the camera and trying to do the same thing that was making him laugh. Well, as you can see from the footage, I did a TERRIBLE job. SOoooo, it's more for the ears than the eyes. Is there anything better than a glee filled baby laugh?
Right now Elliot (or as I referred to him today, Ambassador Giggle Buttons) is standing at his favorite window sill holding an empty jar of my face lotion. He is babbling up a storm and periodically licking and moving his lips across the cold windows. It must feel good on his swollen gums that I think might be in the midst of producing a tooth or two.
Tomorrow we will head to see family--first to Richmond Texas and then to the Woodlands. Elliot has many eager Grandparents waiting to squeeze his little cheeks (probably both sets :).
I hope the trip isn't too traumatic for him as he HATES the car and does not think it a suitable place for sleep...but when you're Elliot, is any place suitable for anything other than play?
I'm sure we'll be fine and it will all be worth it. I can't wait to see him with everyone--it's impossible to wipe off a smile when he's around.

2 comments:

  1. Ambassador Giggle Buttons??? That is truly one of the cutest baby names I have ever heard! I wish I had thought it up!
    And yes, 10 month olds are the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that was actually Ravyn commenting from my mom's computer...

    ReplyDelete